When Star Trek: Deep Space Nine was originally on the air, I did not watch it as often as the other Star Trek series.
If you have Amazon Prime, all of the Star Trek series, including DS9, are free, so, since time-travel/alternate reality is my favorite genre, I decided to start watching those DS9 episodes first. Below is a list of the time-travel/alternate reality episodes from seasons 1 through 7.
I mainly picked the episodes based on their descriptions, so, if there are any that I missed, feel free to let me know in the comments. The episode title links to the episode on Amazon Prime.
- Crossover: A mishap in the wormhole sends Kira and Bashir into an alternate universe where Bajor is a tyrannical power and humans are slaves.
- Meridian: Dax falls in love with a man who will soon disappear with his planet into another dimension for sixty years. (I’m not sure if this is time-travel/alternate reality, but it sounds interesting)
- Defiant: Wil Riker’s renegade duplicate steals the Defiant and attacks Cardassian territory, forcing Sisko to assist Gul Dukat in stopping him. (May not be time-travel/alternate reality, but it sounds interesting)
- Past Tense – Past 1: A transporter accident sends Sisko, Bashir, and Dax three centuries back in time to a crucial point in Earth’s history.
- Past Tense – Past 2: Trapped in Earth’s past, Sisko must assume a pivotal role in history to try and restore the future.
- Visionary: An accident causes O’Brien to jump into the near future, where he witnesses his own death . . . and worse.
- Through The Looking Glass: In a parallel universe, Sisko must assume the role of his dead counterpart in order to save the mirror version of his late wife.
- The Visitor: When a tragic accident causes Sisko to vanish before his son’s eyes, young Jake begins a lifelong obsession to bring him back. (One of my favorite episodes, of the ones I’ve seen)
- Little Green Men: A mishap sends Quark, Rom, and Nog back in time to Earth of 1947 in Roswell, New Mexico, where military forces mistake them for alien invaders.
- Shattered Mirror: Sisko follows his son into a war-torn alternate universe after Jake is lured there by the living counterpart of his late mother.
- Trials and Tribble-Ations: Sisko travels back in time to a pivotal moment in the history of the original Starship Enterprise.
- Things Past: Sisko, Odo, Dax, and Garak are mysteriously placed into the roles of a group of condemned Bajorans executed seven years ago.
- Children Of Time: Sisko and the Defiant crew must choose between the lives they have always known and the lives of their own descendants. (One of my favorite episodes, of the ones I’ve seen)
- Resurrection: The alternate universe double of Kira’s slain love requests asylum on Deep Space Nine.
- The Emperor’s New Cloak: Quark and Rom risk their lives by crossing into an evil alternate universe to rescue the captive leader of Quark’s homeworld.